Several shops were gutted in a massive fire that broke out at Indurhat Bazar in Nesarabd upazila of the district on Tuesday night, police said.
The blaze began around 11pm at an eyewear showroom and soon engulfed the adjacent shops, said Abir Md Hossain, officer-in-charge of Nesarabad police station.
"Two fire tenders were pressed into service and the blaze was contained around 12.30am," he said. “Fortunately, no casualties were reported.”
Fire officials suspect that an electrical short-circuit triggered the fire.
"Anyway, a probe has been ordered to ascertain the exact cause of the fire and the extent of damage," a fire official said.
Source: United News of Bangladesh