Two die after inhaling toxic gas in city


Two construction workers died after inhaling

toxic gas in a septic tank in the city's Uttarkhan area this morning.

The deceased were identified as Md Samad, 55, and Md Modhu Mia,42, hailing

from Gaibandha District.

Both the workers died when the shutter of a septic tank shut off as they

entered to clean the tank of a under construction building, Officer-in-Charge

(OC) of Uttarkhan Police Station Md Kazi Abul Kalam told BSS.

Being informed, firefighters rushed to the spot and rescued the duo

unconscious and sent them to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where on-

duty doctor declared them death.

The bodies were kept at the hospital (DMCH) morgue.

A case was filed with concerned police station in this connection.

Source: Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha