DHAKA, April 11, 2017 (BSS) - The government today published the MoUs, agreement and SOPs signed with New Delhi during Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina's visit to India from April 4 to 10, 2017.
According to the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) a total of 24 Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), 11 agreements and two Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) were signed between the two countries during the visit.
Names of the MoUs, agreements and SOPs are stated below-
1. Memorandum of Understanding & Mode of Operation on Border Haat.
2. MoU between Directorate General of Lighthouses and Lightships, India and the Department of Shipping , Bangladesh concerning cooperation on Aids to Navigation.
3. MoU on Passenger and Cruise Services in Coastal and Protocol routes 4. MoU on Cooperation in the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space.
5. MoU on Cooperation in the field of Information Technology & Electronics.
6. Memorandum of Understanding between the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Republic of India And ICT Division, Bangladesh on Cooperation in the area of Cyber Security.
7. MoU on Mutual Scientific Cooperation in the Field of Earth Sciences for Research and Development GSI-GSB.
8. MoU between Bangladesh Oil, Gas & Mineral Corporation (Petrobangla) & Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) for Cooperation in the area of Supply of Regassified Liquefied Natural Gas (RLNG) and Development of Pipeline Infrastructure.
9. MoU between Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai and Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong.
10. Memorandum of Understanding between Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs of the People's Republic of Bangladesh and
Ministry of Law & Justice of the Republic of India on Bilateral Judicial Sector Cooperation.
11. MoU on Defence Cooperation Framework.
12. MoU between Defence Services Staff College, Wellington (Nilgiris) Tamilnadu, India and Defence Services Command and Staff College, Mirpur Dhaka for Enhancing Cooperation in the field of National Security and Strategic Studies.
13. MOU between GOI and GOB for extending Defence LOC of USD 500 million.
14. MoU between National Defence College, Mirpur, Mirpur and National Defence College, New Delhi, India for Enhancing Cooperation in the field of National Security and Strategic Studies.
15. Memorandum of Understanding between Directorate General Medical Service (DGMS), Bangladesh Armed Forces and TATA Medical Centre, Kolkata, India.
16. MOU between Container Corporation of India LTD and Container Company of Bangladesh LTD.
17. MoU on Cooperation in the field of Mass Media.
18 .MoU between the National Judicial Academy India and The Supreme Court of Bangladesh on training and capacity building programme for Bangladeshi Judicial Officers in India.
19. MoU between NVVN and BPDB for supply of upto 500 MW power from Nepal through GMR.
20. MoU for extending 3rd Line of Credit by India to Bangladesh.
21. MoU between Visva-Bharati, (A central university) Shantiniketan, West Bengal, India and Northern University of Business and Technology Khulna, Sonadanga, Khulna, Bangladesh.
22. MoU on development of Fairway from Sirajganj to Daikhawa and Ashuganj to Zakiganj on Indo-Bangladesh protocol route
23. Heads of Understanding on LNG Terminal Use between PETROBANGLA and PETRONET LNG LTD.
24. MoU between Reliance Power and Petrobangla for setting up 500 mmscfd LNG terminal at Kutubdia island.
1. Agreement between Bangladesh and India on Bilateral Cooperation on Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Energy.
2. Inter-Agency Agreement GCNEP, Dept. of Atomic Energy, India and BAEC, MoST on cooperation regarding Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant.
3. Arrangement on Exchange of technical information and cooperation in the regulation of nuclear safety and radiation protection between AERB and BAERA.
4. Audio Visual Co-production Agreement.
5. Agreement between Bangladesh and India for the regulation of Motor Vehicle Passenger Traffic between the two countries and Protocol of the Agreement (Dhaka-Khulna-Kolkata).
6. Supplementary Agreement of PPA No. 10068 for supply of additional 60 MW Power from Tripura to Bangladesh.
7. Facility Agreement of 2x660 MW Maitree Super Thermal Power Project at Rampal, Bagerhat.
8. Ratification of Power Purchase Agreement and Implementation Agreement-Adani Power (Jharkhand) Limited- Initialed.
9. Ratification of Power Purchase Agreement and Implementation Agreement of 750 MW R-LNG based power plant at Maheshkhali- Reliance Power Ltd.- Initialed.
10.Sale-Purchase Agreement between Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL) and Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation (BPC) �Initialed.
11. Financing Agreement for the construction of 36 Community Clinics in Bangladesh (Sunamganj, Habiganj, Brahmanbaria, Jamalpur, Sherpur).
SoP: 2 [not included in the official document list]
1. Standard Operating Procedures (SoP) for the establishment of
collaborative relationship to combat transnational illegal activities
at sea and develop regional cooperation between Bangladesh Coast Guard
and Indian Coast Guard.
2. SOPs on use of Indian roads for construction of BOPs in remote areas bordering Indian States of Tripura and Mizoram by Bangladesh and use of First-Aid facilities by border guarding personnel.
Source: Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha (BSS)