Government Policy

ICT probe body gets evidences against Moosa Bin Shamsher

DHAKA, April 6, 2017 (BSS) � The investigation agency of the International Crimes Tribunal (ICT) today received some documental evidences against controversial businessman Moosa Bin Shamsher in connection with his alleged crimes against humanity in 1971.

Journalists and war crimes researchers Probir Sikdar and Sagar Lohani submitted reports of different newspapers on Moosa's 1971 crimes, this afternoon to senior investigator and co-coordinator of the agency M Sanaul Huq.

We have collected the reports since 2001 and submitted the 28-page documental evidence against him today. With that, we also submitted an application, urging the probe body to launch investigation against him and bringing him to justice, Sagar said.

Sikdar, a former journalist of national daily the Janakantha, said he first reported on Moosa's crimes in 2001.

He did not send any rejoinder. Neither he protested nor did he lodge any case. From that we can presume that the allegations against Moosa are correct, he added.

Sanaul Huq declined to make any statement when the journalists approached Huq for comments on the documents submitted by the journalist duo.

Earlier on March 29, the investigation agency of the tribunal had said it is looking into the allegations against the DATCO boss.

We are continuing our primary investigation and would file case if we find any evidence against him, said Sanaul Huq on that day.

Recently allegations of crimes against humanity against Moosa, notoriously known as Nula Moosa at his home district Faridpur, surfaced in the media as two local Freedom Fighters recently said they are ready to testify against him.

Moosa grabbed headlines on some international media for his flashy lifestyle and business as arms dealer. He recently was summoned by the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) and was questioned for allegedly acquiring illegal wealth.

Source: Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha (BSS)