A six-year-old boy was electrocuted at Chataidubi village of Islampur Union in Sadar upazila here on morning.
The deceased was identified as Junayed Ali, son of Raihan Ali of the Etahari area of Godagari upazila of Rajshahi district.
Sajjad Hossain, officer-in-charge of Chapainawabganj Sadar Police Station, said the boy got electrocuted as he inserted an unused spoke of a van into an electric socket while playing in front of the gate of his maternal grandfather's house around 9:30am.
Family members admitted the boy to Chapainawabganj Zila Hospital where doctors declared him dead, added the OC.
Source: United News of Bangladesh