Septuagenarian dies of burns

A 70-year-old died after burning himself in the fire he lit for some relief from the shivering cold at Sadar upazila of the district on Monday.

Mojibor Rahman, of village Gilond under Nobogram union of Sadar upazila, sustained burn injuries while warming himself in a fire beside the stove in which his wife was cooking outside their home.

Later, his relatives rushed him to the 250-bed Sadar hospital in critical condition. Afterwards, the on-duty doctors admitted him to Dhaka Medical College Hospital Burn Unit.

Rakib Hossain, Chairman of Nobogram Union Parishad, said Mojibor Rahman died at the Burn Unit while undergoing treatment around 1.30 in the afternoon.

Source: United News of Bangladesh