In the wake of the fresh surge in the Covid-19 infections, the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) on Monday issued an 18-point directive for the next two weeks in an effort to contain the spread of the coronavirus in Bangladesh.
The directives have taken immediate effect throughout the country and those will remain in force for two weeks until further order, according to a notification signed by Principal Secretary Dr Ahmad Kaikaus.
All the ministries, divisions and agencies concerned have been asked to take necessary measures to implement the directives.
The directives are related to restriction on public gatherings, using face-masks, ensuring the 14-day quarantine rule, and maintaining the Covid-19 health protocols.
“In the current situation of the Coronavirus infection, the government has taken the following decisions (directives),” said the notification.
The 18 directives are: 1) All types of public gathering (social, political, religious and others) will have to kept limited . All types of public gathering are prohibited in areas with highly-infection rate. Public gatherings on the occasion of any social event, including wedding and birthday ones will have to be discouraged.
2) It has to be ensured that the health rules are properly maintained in all places of worship, including mosques.
3) Public gathers will have to be limited in tourist, recreation spots, movie houses and theatres, and all kinds of fairs should be discouraged.
4) The health rules will have to be maintained in public transports, and the number of passengers cannot exceed 50 percent of the capacity of a vehicle.
5) Inter-district traffic should be restricted and if necessary, prohibited in the areas having the high Covid-19 infection risk.
6) Passengers from foreign lands must stay in 14-day institutional quarantine (with own expenses at hotel).
7) Arrangements have to be made for the sale of daily essentials in open places maintaining the health rules. It will have to be ensured that the health rules are maintained in pharmacies.
Restriction on gatherings, quarantine rule among PMO’s 18-point directive to contain Covid surge
8) In health service-providing institutes, the'll have to ensure the health rules, including the use of masks.
9) In shopping malls, both sellers and buyers must follow the health rules.
10) All educational institutions (pre-primary, primary, madrasah, secondary, higher secondary educational Instagram and universities) and coaching centres will remain closed.
11) Unnecessary public movement and gatherings will have to be stopped. People have to be prevented from going outside after 10pm without emergency needs.
12) In case of going outside in need, all sorts of health rules, including the use of masks, will have to be ensured. If anyone doesn’t wear face-mask or health rules are violated, legal action will have to be taken against him or her.
13) Isolation of the person affected by coronavirus or the person having Covid-19 symptoms should be ensured. It’ll have to be ensured that the persons, who come in close contact with any Covid-19 infected person are quarantined.
14) All government and private offices, institutes or factories except those engaged in emergency services, should be operated by 50 per cent manpower. There should be arrangements for pregnant, sick or the officers and employees aged above 55 to perform their works staying at their residences.
15) Meetings, seminars, training, workshops will have to be arranged online as much as possible.
16) Proper hygiene must be ensured in the places of mass examination or test where people need to be present physically.
17) In hotels and restaurants, more than 50 percent of the customer capacity can’t be allowed to enter.
18) At the time of entry and stay in the workplace, it’ll have to be ensured that masks are mandatorily used and other health rules are followed.
“All the ministries, divisions, departments and agencies concerned will have to take necessary measures to implement the decisions (directives),” said the notification.
Source: United News of Bangladesh