A worker of a plastic factory died from electrocution in Kamrangirchar area of Dhaka on Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Kawser Mir (18), son of late Abdul Malek Mir of Amra Gachhiya village in Mothbaria upazila of Pirojpur district. He used to work in a plastic factory on Road No-7 at East Rasulpur under Kamrangichar police station. He used to sleep inside the factory.
He came in contact with an electric wire while drinking water from a tap inside the factory at 1 pm and fell unconscious, said his uncle Abdul Jalil.
Kawser was rescued and first taken to a local hospital. Then he was shifted to the emergency department of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where doctors declared him dead around 3 pm.
Sub-Inspector (SI) Harun-ur-Rashid of Kamrangirchar Police Station said that the body was kept at DMCH morgue for autopsy.
Source: United News of Bangladesh