Medical &Health

Paralysed man charred to death in Ctg fire

A paralysed man was charred to death in a fire that broke out in his parents-in-law's house in Chattogram's Hathazari upazila early on Saturday morning.

The deceased was identified as Forkan, 48, a resident of Nangalmora union of the upazila. Six others sustained minor burn injuries in the fire, officials said.

According to the fire service, the fire broke out around 5am. Though his wife, parents-in-law and others managed to get out of the house, Forkan got trapped and was charred to death.

Shahjahan, a senior station officer of the fire service, said two fire tenders took two hours to douse the flames. "The victim’s body has been handed over to his family," he added.

Source: United News of Bangladesh