Judicial

One-year-old baby charred to death as Chattogram house catches fire

A one-year-old baby girl was charred to death as a house caught fire in Chattogram's Mirsarai upazila Friday.

The deceased Lamiya Akhter, daughter of Rajib Ahmed, was from Ichhakhali union of the upazila.

Mirsarai Fire Service and Civil Defence Station Officer Imam Hossain Patwari said the blaze broke out in Rajib's house and quickly engulfed it.

On information, firefighters rushed to the spot. They recovered the charred body of Lamiya after dousing the flames.

"Prima facie it appears an electrical short circuit caused the blaze," Imam said. "A probe has been ordered to ascertain the exact cause of the fire and the extent of the damage."

Source: United News of Bangladesh