Fun & Games

Fire at BSMMU basement under control

DHAKA, Jan 07, 2017 (BSS)-The fire broke out in the basement of cabin block of the Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) has been brought under control.

The fire originated around 11:15am due to overheat of compressor of a vacuum machine of a plant housed on the underground floor of the cabin block of the BSMMU, senior station officer Khandoker Abdul Jalil of Siddiq Bazar Fire Station told BSS.

Four fire fighting engines rushed to the place of occurrence and doused the flame with the help of hospital staffs after half an hour efforts, he also said.

The vacuum machine was partially damaged in the fire, he added.

Source: Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha (BSS)