Literacy

College student electrocuted, another injured in Sherpur

A college student was electrocuted and his paternal uncle injured at Bhati Langarpara Charband of Shribardi upazila in Sherpur on Sunday.

The deceased was identified as Manjurul Islam Manju, 18, son of Monu Miah in the Bhati Langarpara Charband area. He was a second year student of Sherpur Government College while his uncle was Anwar Hussain.

Police and family members said Manju and Anwar went to their seedbed to water it by water pump in the area at around 8:00am.

Manju got electrocuted while repairing electrical wire of the pump, they said, adding that Anwar was also injured in the accident when he tried to save Manju.

Read: 3 electrocuted to death in Chapainawabganj

Later, locals rushed them to Shribardi upazila health complex where on-duty doctors pronounced Manju dead.

Biplob Kumar Biswas, Officer-in-charge (OC) of Shribardi police station said the victim’s family pleaded for not conducting an autopsy.

Source: United News of Bangladesh