Argentine fan electrocuted to death while hanging flag in Laxmipur

A 16-year-old school boy was electrocuted while trying to tie the Argentine flag to a pole near his house on Saturday.


“The accident occurred in Char Ramijuddin union of Laxmipur’s Ramgati upazila. Mohammad Nabil Hossain, son of Murad Uddin of the union,” Ramgati Police Station Officer-in-Charge Alamgir Hossain said.


Read: Cox’s Bazar: Football fan falls to death while hanging Brazil flag


Nabil was a student of class X at Dibirhat Roshidia High School.


Nabil got electrocuted this noon (Saturday) while trying to hang the flag, said the OC, adding that he died on the spot.


Bangladesh is known as a cricket-loving nation, but a passion for the Argentina and Brazil football teams sweeps the country ahead of and during the World Cup. The flags of Argentina and Brazil fly everywhere.


Source: United News of Bangladesh