Around 600 maunds of jute was destroyed in a fire at a warehouse in Bhurungamari upazila of Kurigram early Tuesday.
Emon Miah, team leader of Nageshwari Fire Service and Civil Defence, said that the fire broke out at the warehouse at Amtola of Boldia union around 3:30am.
On information, a fire service team rushed to the spot and extinguished the fire after four-hour of frantic efforts.
The estimated loss caused by the fire was around Tk 15 lakh, according to fire service sources.
Primarily it was suspected that the fire was sparked by an electric short-circuit.
No casualty was reported.
Source: United News of Bangladesh