Government Policy

5 hurt in Mohammadpur restaurant gas leakage fire

Five staffers of a restaurant named ‘Nawabi Bhoj’ in the city’s Mohammadpur area were burnt Sunday in a fire that started from gas leakage.

The injured are Md Aminul Islam, 18, Md Hridoy, 21, Md Saiful Islam, 22, Md Rabbi,22, and Md Mintu, 24.

They are all currently admitted at the emergency unit of Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery.

The incident occurred around 4:30 pm in the restaurant’s kitchen as the staffs turned on the stove to warm food, said Bipu Chowdhury, executive director of Nawabi Bhoj.

“Of the injured Rabbi sufurred 35% body burn, Aminul 18%, Mithu 15% while Saiful and Hridoy 2% each,” said Dr SM Ayub, Resident Medical Officer of the hospital.

“Three of them are in critical condition as their trachea got burns and the other two are kept under observation for now,” he added.

Source: United News of Bangladesh