General

2 siblings die after ‘inhaling toxic gas’ in Chandpur

Two siblings died reportedly after inhaling toxic gas accumulated inside a septic tank of an under-construction building at Hajiganj Bazar in Haziganj upazila of Chandpur district on Tuesday.

The deceased were identified as Rabbani, 38 and Mohon, 22- two sons of Sajeman Ali of Nachole upazila in Chapainawabganj district.

Zobair Syed, officer-in-charge of Hajiganj Police Station, said the two brothers went to clean a septic tank in an under-construction building in the area around 9:30 am.

Mohon first climbed down the septic tank. When no response came from Mohon after a long time, Rabbani then got into the septic tank.

As he didn’t come out, local people informed the matter to local Fire Service men who rescued them.

Later, they were taken to Hajiganj Upazila Health Complex where doctors declared them dead.

Source: United Nations of Bangladesh