Two workers died inhaling poisonous gases Monday while working in a septic tank at Nawabganj upazila in Dhaka.
The deceased were identified as Lutfor Rahman, 35, and Shanjay Dash, 21.
Sub-Inspector of Nawabganj police station Mintu Lashkar said, the incident happened at Khalpar area around 4pm.
The two workers went down inside the septic tank installed recently at a residential house in Nababganj, but as is so often the case in their line of work, they didn’t have the proper equipment with them to avoid inhaling the toxic gases found in these tanks.
Eventually they fell unconscious. Locals later rescued and took them to upazila health complex where the doctor announced them dead.
Police have recovered the bodies and prepared postmortem reports. Legal procedures in this connection are ongoing, said SI Mintu.
Source: United News of Bangladesh