Mugda fire: 55-yr-old woman dies of burn injuries


A 55-year-old woman has succumbed to the burn injuries she sustained in a fire caused by cooking gas leakage in their house in the city’s Mugda area on November 22.

Shefali, 55, succumbed to her burn injuries at Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery of Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) around 9pm Monday, said Dr SM Ayub Hossain from the institute.

Earlier, three members of the same family died of the burn injuries they suffered in the fire at their ground-floor apartment in Matobbor Gali of Mugda.

The deceased were Shefali’s daughter Priyanka, (32), her husband Shudhangshu (35), and son Arup (5).

Priyanka’s brother Palash had said that the four family members suffered burn injuries as they lit the stove in the morning unaware of the gas leakage.

Later, they were taken to the burn unit of the Dhaka hospital, where they died of their injuries over the past one week.

Source: United News of Bangladesh