An eight-year-old boy was charred to death in a fire that broke out at a house in Pagar Jhinuk Market in the Tongi area of Gazipur district on Friday.
The deceased was identified as Abdur Rahman, a student of Al-Kawsar Tahmijul Quran Madrasha of Tongi and son of Joynal Abedin of Mymensingh district.
Iqbal Hasan, senior station officer of Tongi Fire Service, said the blaze started at the house belonging to Sadek Ahmed around 4pm and engulfed a portion of it.
Local people managed to bring the fire under control. Later firefighters recovered the charred body of Abdur Rahman from inside.
Officials suspect an electrical short-circuit caused the fire.
Source: United News of Bangladesh