Medical &Health

Fire victim dies in Chattogram

A woman on Tuesday night died in Chattogram Medical College and Hospital (CMCH) where she was undergoing treatment after being caught in a fire caused by a gas-line leakage explosion in Chattogram’s North Kattoli area on Monday.

The deceased was identified as Sajeda Begum, 49, resident of Maryam Villa in North Kattoli.

Officer-in-charge (OC) of Akbar Shah Police Station Zahir Hossain said Sajeda Begum, who was undergoing treatment at CMCH with 85 percent of her body burnt, died at around 7.45 pm.

In the early hours of Tuesday a fire broke out at Maryam Villa at around 12:30 am burning six members of the family including Sajeda.

Owner of the house Jamal Sheikh said that the gas accumulated in the house ignited as soon as he switched on the electric bat to kill mosquitoes.

Source: United News of Bangladesh