Twenty-one shops and five houses were gutted in a major fire that broke out at a kitchen market in the Rupsha area Khulna city on Saturday.
The blaze started at a cork sheet warehouse around 11.45am and soon engulfed the adjoining 25 shops and houses, said Shamsur Rahman, station officer of Tutupara Fire Service Station.
Four fire tenders were pressed into service and it took them nearly 45 minutes to douse the flames, he added.
Firemen suspect a burning cigarette butt caused the fire.
Source: United News of Bangladesh