A fire that broke out in a plastic factory at Shyampur in the capital early Monday has been doused.
The fire started around 2am at Delwar Plastic and Sweet Footwear on Postogola High School road, said Shahjahan Shikder, Deputy Assistant Director (media cell) of the Fire Service and Civil Defence Headquarters.
On information, eight units of firefighters rushed to the spot and brought the blaze under control around 3:40am, he added.
The fire originated from an electric short circuit, said the official.
No casualties were reported, he added.
Source: United News of Bangladesh