Medical &Health

Child dies of electrocution in capital

A child was electrocuted on Thursday afternoon while playing amid rain in Tejgaon area in the capital.

The deceased was identified as Sajal Islam Alif, 10.

“I went to the roof and saw him lying unconscious and immediately rushed him to a local medical facility first and then to DMCH where doctors declared him dead,” Yasin Hossain, uncle of the child, told UNB.

He said Sajal might have been electrocuted after touching a pipe which somehow was connected with an electric wire.

Bachchu Mia, in-charge of DMCH Police Outpost, said the body has been kept at the morgue of the hospital for autopsy.

Source: United News of Bangladesh