Agriculture Minister Dr Muhammad Abdur Razzaque on Tuesday asked all the officials of the ministry to be prepared for the second wave of Coronavirus outbreak that likely to hit the country in the upcoming winter.
The minister came up with the remarks in an online meeting on the Annual Development Project in the Ministry.
The second wave of Covid-19 has occurred in many countries of Europe, he said adding that “The Agriculture sector of the country would the worst sufferer if this second wave of coronavirus hits Bangladesh”
“In that case, we have to continue working no matter what situation occurs and have to be prepared properly.”, Razzaque said noting that so far no disaster has occurred and there is no shortage in food reserve.
“Hopefully there won’t be any shortage in the future,”, he added.
Agricultural production should continue even if the second wave of Covid-19 hits the country, he insisted.
In 2020-21 fiscal, around Tk 2,361 crore was invested in 68 projects under the Agriculture Ministry and until September nine percent of the projects have been implemented, the minister said.
Source: United News of Bangladesh