A 10 months old baby girl was burnt to death in sleep as a fire gutted three houses at Bishnupur union in Chandpur sadar upazila on Thursday.
The deceased was Nusrat, daughter of Md Joynal Abedin of Sugandhya Safarmali village in the union.
The fire started from the kitchen of Jaynal Abedin’s house at 12:30 pm and within a few minutes it spread to the whole house, said the locals.
Nusrat’s mother went out keeping her daughter asleep in the house when the fire broke out, said the family.
Two units of firefighters brought the flames under control within 30 minutes and recovered the baby’s charred body, said Md Jakir Hossain, Inspector of Chandpur South Fire Service Station.
Nusrat’s body was handed over to Chandpur sadar model police station, he said.
“There was a gas cylinder in the kitchen and electric connections in all the rooms but the origin will be known after an investigation,” said the Fire Service official.
Source: United News of Bangladesh